Posted on 20th April 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
The Thinker by Paul Radden
Posted on 14th April 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- I hope you are enjoying this lovely Easter weather; a great opportunity to grab you camera for some photography.
- I am still waiting for some our members assignment photo with the set subject “Spring”. Please email to Malcolm as soon as possible.
- Thursday 25 April we will be judging the “Spring” images. Also it’s Hand-In on the same evening for the digital Still Life competition.
- Thursday 2 May it’s Hand-In for the print panel competition.
- Thursday 16 May change of programme. There will be only 4 clubs in the competition and not 6 clubs.
- We need raffle prize please for Thursday 16 May.
By Paul Radden
I don’t think anyone can complain about the judge last Thursday 11 April. Alison is still new to judging but her photographic knowledge and enthusiasm was outstanding.
Result of the final and fourth round of the Print League:
- First Paul Radden
- Second Gordon Clarke
- Third Chris Shepherd
- Fourth Jo Cleall
- Fifth Alan Norris.
No meeting next Thursday 18 April Easter holidays.
Digital assignment subject “Spring” entries to Malcolm by email by Sunday 21 April.
Still Life Digital Hand-in Thursday 25 April.
I am looking forward to your Panel entries; Hand-in on Thursday 2 May.
Just a reminder this season’s Portrait competition is PRINTS only not DPI.
Posted on 6th April 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Spoon Silliness by Chris Shepherd
Posted on 30th March 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Last Thursday 4 April we had an interesting presentation by Fiona Fraser Thompson called the “Lost Civilisation”.
- All about the Maya people of Mexico on the Yucatan Peninsula. Something I have heard a lot about but never manager to visit.
- The evening got off to a bad start with a major technical hitch but Jeff came to rescue and the presentation went off without any further problems.
- This coming Thursday 11 April is our fourth league print competition which will be judged by Alison Jenkins.
- Also on Thursday 11 April is Hand-In for the digital assignment competition subject “Spring”. On a memory stick or email to me by midnight on Easter Sunday 21 April.
- Thursday 18 April closed for Easter no meeting.
- Thursday 25 April Hand-In for the Digital “Still Life” competition.
Foggy Evening Walk by Mark Edwards
Posted on 25th March 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Some wonderful monochrome prints in the Tony Perryman competition by members last Thursday 28 March.
- Some of the members may have been disappointed by the judge’s comments but in the end he did make a good winning choice.
- First & Third Paul Radden; Second Dave Hobbs; Two Highly commended for Martin Neal and a Highly commended for Shirley Radden congratulations.
- Next Thursday 4 April a presentation by Fiona Fraser Thompson “Lost Civilisation”.
- Also next Thursday is the Fourth Print League Hand in.
- Thursday 11 April is the digital assignment Hand-in, this season’s subject Spring. You can email your files to me in the usual way.
- Don’t forget clocks go forward an hour on Sunday although it won’t matter to all you landscape photographers that get up at 4:00 in the morning any way.
- HPS Facebook page is open to all interested photographers you just need to ask to join. Our WhatsApp and Flicker groups are for regular members only.
Who’s got my nuts by Martin Neal
Posted on 13th March 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Thanks to Mike Wilson, it was privilege on Thursday 21 March to see wildlife captured in camera, pre digital; pre auto-focus and limited film speed.
- Mike shared with us his original slides that he had taken over a period of years showing us some of his beautiful wildlife images. A very enjoyable evening.
- At times we forget how easy it is now with digital photography, with slide film there was no pre-view to check exposure only the rubbish bin if you got it wrong.
- This coming Thursday 28 March, yes another month nearly gone, is the Tony Perryman Mono Print competition.
Valkyrie by Andrea Hargreaves EFIAP, DPAGB, BPE3*, PSA4*
- Congratulations to the top scorers Heather Clarke, Dave Hobbs and John Thompson in Thursday’s final round of the Digital League. Great judge lasts week as even I (Malcolm) was up there with the top scorers.
- This coming Thursday 14 March a not to be missed presentation by Andrea Hargreaves EFIAP, DPAGB, BPE3*, PSA4* “The Art of Metamorphosis”. Intrigued well don’t miss it.
- Thursday 21 March is Mono Print Competition Hand-In. I am looking forward to seeing all those beautiful Monochrome prints.
- Thanks to all the members and friends for your feed-back on how the club should move forward for the future. Some have even suggested that we look for somewhere else more cost effective to meet. The committee are still working on a solution to how we move forward.
- May be I will see you on one of the days at the Photography Show in Birmingham this coming weekend 16 – 19 March at the NEC.