Posted on 1st March 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
I feel like I’m being watched by Chris Shepherd
Posted on 22nd February 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Thursday 28 Feb thanks to Chris Shepherd’s for his presentation on HPS future. Members feed-back was pleasing to find that there was a majority in favour of the club continuing but with less competitions and more hands on learning.
- Thanks to Chris & Paul for working on the new programme for September 2019 to the end of June 2020.
- This season will continue as normal with our current programme until the end of June 2019.
- Next week is our fourth round of the “Digital League competition”. Two images to me by email before midnight Sunday 3 March any later will be too late.
- Committee meeting Monday 4 March to discuss members feed-back from last Thursday.
- Fourth coming events:
- Sunday 10 March East Anglian Federation Print Championships. Hopefully you will be going to cheer on HPS.
- 14 March Presentation by Andrea Hargreaves (MPAGB, EFIAP/b, BPE3*, PSA4*) The Art of Metamorphosis.
- I was pleased to see such a good turn-out for David Smith’s very impressive Olympus presentation yesterday on Thursday 21 Feb. It did give the members a lot to think about.
- Don’t forget to get your tickets for the EAF Print Championships on Sunday 10 March. See Paul Radden or the EAF web-site for tickets.
- Send Malcolm before midnight Sunday 24 Feb. copies of your jpeg images using the club’s 5 RAW images.
- This Thursday 28 Feb. will be a review of the finished images.
- Also this Thursday 28 Feb. is Fourth Digital League Hand-In.
- I look forward to seeing you on Thursday because we need to know your thoughts on the clubs future.
- Photo tip, this Sunday snowdrops at the Gibberd Garden should be good.
Posted on 2nd February 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
by Roger Hance FRPS,AFIAP,BPE5*
Posted on 22nd January 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- I think you will all agree that our judge on Thursday 31 January for our print competition was definitely one of the better judges. Good critic, interesting and entertaining. Well done to Heather, Gordon and Alan on getting top marks. Also congratulation to Martin Neal on his two prints both just missing top marks by one point.
- Next week Thursday 7 February presentation by top photographer Roger Hance FRPS,AFIAP,BPE5* “Nature in Macro Photography.
- Also Thursday 7 February is the Digital “Wild Life/Natural History competition Hand-In”. Images on a memory stick of email to me by midnight Sunday 10 February.
- Important: Thursday 28 February How you processed your RAW images.
- I need a jpeg finished image to put on to the clubs laptop for presentation. Normal digital rules 300dpi Res 1600 X 1200. Email to me please
- Also if you can please, put you processed images including the layers on to a memory stick and bring it to the club on the evening. Our laptop has “Photoshop SS5” and “Affinity”. One of the members will bring their laptop with “Lightroom”. Or bring your own laptop for your demonstration, HDMI connection to projector only.
- Also on the same evening we want to discuss the club’s future.
Poker Face by Gary Nicholls
- Thursday 17 January saw our third round of the Digital Competition. Thanks to the judge nine images received a top marks!
- DPI Third round round results
- This coming Thursday 24 January is one of the high-lights of the season with a Studio presentation by Gary Nicholls. As a professional Steam Punk photographer it will be interesting seeing what models he will be using. Visitors £2.50.
- Also this Thursday 24 January is “Third League Print” Hand-In.
- Important date Thursday 28 February for your diary as we will be discussing our club’s future and the direction you would like to see the club going.
- Did you get up early yesterday morning to photograph the Full Blood Wolf Moon? I would love to see your images on our Facebook page.
Posted on 11th November 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Harvest Moon by Dianne Owen
- I was pleased to see that we had a large number of visitors on Thursday 8 November for Dianne Owen’s print presentation.
- Dianne came all the way from Southport to show us some of her artistically produced images. This did provoke an interesting discussion in the club bar after her presentation.
- Congratulations to new member Dr David Lukey on passing his Licentiate with the Royal Photographic Society.
- Great evening on Wednesday 7 November we took part in the Loughton Anniversary competition. First Upminster; Second Edmonton, Joint Third Harlow & Loughton followed by Walthamstow & Enfield. Harlow’s Mark Edwards print was selected as the best print of the competition, congratulations Mark.
- Next Thursday 15 November is a print critic by Paul Radden. Please bring your prints on the night A4 unmounted.
- Thanks to everyone for their positive feed-back of our Town Centre Library Exhibition.
- I know we are only just into the third month of our new season but in trying to plan-a-head. We would like some feed-back of what future direction members would like us to be going. At the moment the rent for our club room is getting expensive and is likely to increase in the near future.
- Thanks to everyone for your news and information on our Facebook page and in our new WhatsApp group.