Posted on 21st September 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Queen Of The Cavern by Mark Edwards
- We enjoyed a very fruitful members’ practical evening last night, learning about manipulating our images in both Photoshop and Lightroom. Personally, I learnt how to drop a different sky into a landscape image to give an authentic-looking final result. My previous attempts have been less-than-perfect, shall we say. Members were so preoccupied that we overran and, horror of horrors, had less time in the bar afterwards. Thanks go to all the ‘tutors’ for being kind enough to impart their skills and knowledge.
- Next week, Thursday 27 September, is the first Digital League Competition of our season, to be judged by Alison Jenkins. Members can enter two digital images. Thank you to those members who gave their images to James last night; the members who wish to email their entries, please send them to Malcolm to arrive no later than Sunday 23 September, to allow time to set them up on the club system.
I look forward to seeing you next Thursday
Posted on 14th September 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Hodge Close Birches by Chris Shepherd
Thursday 13 September thanks goes to David Woods for his presentation on how to get your photographic qualifications.
Thursday 20 Sep. is a practical evening. Bring your digital images that you would like to see processed in Photoshop or Lightroom. Bring a long a laptop if you have one.
Thursday 27 September is our first Digital League Competition Malcolm will need your Digital Images before Sunday 23 September. 2 digital images per member, hand in on a memory stick Thursday 20 September or you can email your entries to me.
Posted on 11th September 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Eyes wide open! by Alan Norris
Posted on 23rd June 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Thursday 6 September was our first meeting of the photographic season. Good turn out with a very friendly atmosphere, a very warm welcome to our new members.
- Next meeting on Thursday 13 Sep. One of our own members David Woods CPAGB will be giving a presentation on photographic awards. Are you up for the challenge?
- I know it seems a long way off but I will need your Digital Images for the “First Round of the League” before Sunday 23 September. To save time and trouble you can email your entries to me.
- Thursday 20 Sep. is a practical evening. Bring your digital images that you would like to see processed in Photoshop or Lightroom. You can bring along a laptop if you have one.
Sullen Seller of News by Mark Edwards
Interesting meeting on Thursday 21 June with a full house for our Digital Image of the Year competition. Strange things seem to happen so close to the summer solstice.
Well done to all our members for a very competitive competition.
Results of the Digital Image of the Year and Print of the Year listed below.
Next Thursday 28 June will be our last meeting of the season with the results of the OI Glass competition:
- First prize a bottle of Famous Grouse Whisky;
- Second prize a bottle of Tanqueray London Dry Gin;
- Third prize two bottles of wine.All donated by the OI Glass Company Harlow.
After the OI Competition there will be our end of season bash in the club bar.
|Digital Image of the Year
||2017 – 2018
||The Sullen Seller of News
||Girl in a Bowler Hat
||Gannet with Nesting Material
||Male Bearded Tit with Nesting Material
||Going on Mission
|Print of the Year
||2017 – 2018
||Tree and Tracks
||Flower and Vase
||Bubbles over Backstroke
||Ebb and Flow
||The Life of Bread
Posted on 14th June 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Big Brother by Paul Raddon
Posted on 29th May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Congratulation goes to Mark Edwards who won the Print Portrait Trophy on Thursday 7 June. A close second was Chris Shepherd and third Dave Hobbs.
- This coming Thursday 14 June is the Print of the Year Trophy should be a good evening.
- Also this Thursday 14 June is Hand-In for the Digital Image of the Year. Images on memory sticks our emailed to me, last call will be midnight Sunday 17 June.
- In memory of Bernie Morgan his granddaughter Jenna will be doing a sponsored climb. You can sponsor her at – justgiving.com/fundraising/jenna-morgan96 Thank you.
- We only have a few more weeks to the end of our season on the 28 June with drinks in the club bar.
- The programmes for the new season will be available this Thursday.
- New season starts on Thursday 6 September.
SUPPER TIME by Jeffrey Sinclair
- Thursday 24 May, was the Tony Hepworth Still Life trophy. Congratulation, First Heather Clarke with Iris: Second Peter Johnson with Blue Vase & Third David Woods with Gerbera.
- Last Thursday we tried an experiment by moving our club meeting room to a ground floor room. It is still early days yet to see if it is successful. It’s a lot cosier and a lot less rent, time will tell.
- This coming Thursday is Print Portrait competition Hand-In.
- Also this coming Thursday by popular demand is a continuing presentation by Andrew Wallace. On the HPS Facebook page there are some of his images.
- Thursday June 7 is Print of the year Hand-In
- Thursday June 14 is Digital Image of the year Hand-In.
Photo below: Saturday 26 May Adrienne and Malcolm performing at a local Mencap charity event were we raised over £4500.00, well done to you both!
Posted on 21st May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
buzludzha by James Northrop
Thursday’s digital assignment “Speed” was an interesting mix of images. A very good critic by Heather Clarke, that I am sure will helped members improve their photographic skills.
- First “Going for Gold” by Paul Major
- Joint Second “Sparks” by David Woods & Full Throttle” by Graham Woolmer
- Fourth “Race is on” by Alan Palmer.
Next week 24 May is the Digital assignment “Still Life”.
Thursday 31 May is Hand-In for the Portrait Trophy prints only this season please.
Posted on 8th May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Becky Painted Cover Shot by Mark Edwards
Last Thursday 3 May, congratulations to Chelmsford on winning the six clubs competition.
Next Thursday 10 May:
Posted on 1st May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Our AGM followed by Andrew Wallace’s presentation “Photography without a camera”.
- Hand-In for the Digital Assignment “Speed”.
- Last call for the OI glass print competition.
Stow Maries Aerodrome 1917 by Chris Shepherd
The final result of this season’s Print League. Congratulation to:
- Paul Radden 4th
- Shirley Radden 3rd
- Gordon Clarke 2nd
- Marilyn Stewards First.
Congratulation to Loughton club on winning the joint competition on Thursday 26 April. We also appreciated all their members joining us in the club bar after the competition, great atmosphere.
This Thursday 3 May is a print competition with 6 clubs from Chelmsford, Brentwood, Upminster, Potters Bar, Ware and of course Harlow. To be judged by David Steel from Cambridge.
Thursday 10 May AGM also a presentation by one of our own members Andrew Wallace.
Hand-In prints please for Glass competition.
Hand-In Thursday 10 May, Digital Assignment “Speed”- or email to Malcolm.
Hand-In Thursday 17 May, Digital Assignment “Still Life”- or email to Malcolm.
Posted on 7th April 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Dunstanburgh on the Rocks by Jeffrey Sinclair
A brilliant number of entries for the Monochrome print competition on Thursday 5 April. Congratulation to the winners.
- First Jeff Sinclair,
- Second Bryn Gibbons
- Third Alan Norris.
Wednesday 11 April meeting at Loughton Club for details see their web-site.
Thursday 12 April a Presentation by Peter Warne “Night Photography”.