Posted on 14th June 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Big Brother by Paul Raddon
Posted on 29th May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Congratulation goes to Mark Edwards who won the Print Portrait Trophy on Thursday 7 June. A close second was Chris Shepherd and third Dave Hobbs.
- This coming Thursday 14 June is the Print of the Year Trophy should be a good evening.
- Also this Thursday 14 June is Hand-In for the Digital Image of the Year. Images on memory sticks our emailed to me, last call will be midnight Sunday 17 June.
- In memory of Bernie Morgan his granddaughter Jenna will be doing a sponsored climb. You can sponsor her at – justgiving.com/fundraising/jenna-morgan96 Thank you.
- We only have a few more weeks to the end of our season on the 28 June with drinks in the club bar.
- The programmes for the new season will be available this Thursday.
- New season starts on Thursday 6 September.
SUPPER TIME by Jeffrey Sinclair
- Thursday 24 May, was the Tony Hepworth Still Life trophy. Congratulation, First Heather Clarke with Iris: Second Peter Johnson with Blue Vase & Third David Woods with Gerbera.
- Last Thursday we tried an experiment by moving our club meeting room to a ground floor room. It is still early days yet to see if it is successful. It’s a lot cosier and a lot less rent, time will tell.
- This coming Thursday is Print Portrait competition Hand-In.
- Also this coming Thursday by popular demand is a continuing presentation by Andrew Wallace. On the HPS Facebook page there are some of his images.
- Thursday June 7 is Print of the year Hand-In
- Thursday June 14 is Digital Image of the year Hand-In.
Photo below: Saturday 26 May Adrienne and Malcolm performing at a local Mencap charity event were we raised over £4500.00, well done to you both!
Posted on 21st May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
buzludzha by James Northrop
Thursday’s digital assignment “Speed” was an interesting mix of images. A very good critic by Heather Clarke, that I am sure will helped members improve their photographic skills.
- First “Going for Gold” by Paul Major
- Joint Second “Sparks” by David Woods & Full Throttle” by Graham Woolmer
- Fourth “Race is on” by Alan Palmer.
Next week 24 May is the Digital assignment “Still Life”.
Thursday 31 May is Hand-In for the Portrait Trophy prints only this season please.
Posted on 8th May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Becky Painted Cover Shot by Mark Edwards
Last Thursday 3 May, congratulations to Chelmsford on winning the six clubs competition.
Next Thursday 10 May:
Posted on 1st May 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Our AGM followed by Andrew Wallace’s presentation “Photography without a camera”.
- Hand-In for the Digital Assignment “Speed”.
- Last call for the OI glass print competition.
Stow Maries Aerodrome 1917 by Chris Shepherd
The final result of this season’s Print League. Congratulation to:
- Paul Radden 4th
- Shirley Radden 3rd
- Gordon Clarke 2nd
- Marilyn Stewards First.
Congratulation to Loughton club on winning the joint competition on Thursday 26 April. We also appreciated all their members joining us in the club bar after the competition, great atmosphere.
This Thursday 3 May is a print competition with 6 clubs from Chelmsford, Brentwood, Upminster, Potters Bar, Ware and of course Harlow. To be judged by David Steel from Cambridge.
Thursday 10 May AGM also a presentation by one of our own members Andrew Wallace.
Hand-In prints please for Glass competition.
Hand-In Thursday 10 May, Digital Assignment “Speed”- or email to Malcolm.
Hand-In Thursday 17 May, Digital Assignment “Still Life”- or email to Malcolm.
Posted on 7th April 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Dunstanburgh on the Rocks by Jeffrey Sinclair
A brilliant number of entries for the Monochrome print competition on Thursday 5 April. Congratulation to the winners.
- First Jeff Sinclair,
- Second Bryn Gibbons
- Third Alan Norris.
Wednesday 11 April meeting at Loughton Club for details see their web-site.
Thursday 12 April a Presentation by Peter Warne “Night Photography”.
Posted on 4th April 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Garden Bench by Alan Norris
I hope you enjoyed your Easter break and that the rain has not dampened your photography too much, or get caught out with an April-Fool’s joke.
Results for the Bernie Morgan panel competition on Thursday 22 March. Well done:
- “Gordon Clarke “Sea Pool Bude 3rd”
- “Heather Clarke Flower & Vase 2nd”
- “David Woods Movement 1st”.
Well done David on winning the panel trophy and also getting one of your images published in the Photographic Alliance GB Enews with City Scape.
To see David’s City Scape image go to thepagb.co.uk – page 9 or HPS Facebook page.
Next Thursday 5 April is the “Tony Perryman Mono Print Trophy” to be judged by Colin Westgate.
Wednesday 11 April all our members are invited to the Loughton Club for a joint meeting. For directions look at Loughton’s web page.
Thursday 12 April Night Photography by Peter Warne. Also “Hand-In” for the fourth print league.
At the Photography Show in March I bought the software package “Affinity” to replace Photoshop. No monthly subscription just a one off payment that did not break the bank. The software has a few odd things that I need to get to grips with but it is does all the things that I was able to do in Photoshop and more, still learning.
Posted on 27th March 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Dance 1 by David Woods CPAGB
After a very close run competition the results of this season’s Digital League – Congratulations:
- First place Gordon Clarke
- Second place Paul Radden
- Third place Mark Edwards
- Four place Graham Woolmer.
Last Thursday was the Bernie Morgan Panel Trophy. I will send out the results next week.
No meeting next Thursday 29 March. Have a good Easter holiday.
Next meeting is on Thursday 5 April with the Tony Perryman Monochrome Trophy. It will be a good competition, the judge is Colin Westgate.
Prints for the Glass Trophy need to be in by the end of April. No limit to the number or entries per member.
Wednesday 11 April is a competition at the Loughton Camera Club. All our members are invited to cheer for us.
Our new projector and new screen are now proving to be a success. Thanks to all the members for their support and donations.
Posted on 18th March 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Going on Mission by Paul Raddon
Posted on 12th March 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Good to see so many members on Thursday 15 March for the fourth and final round of the digital league competition. Results will be revealed next Thursday.
- Next Thursday 22 March is our panel competition also “Hand-In” for the Tony Perryman Monochrome Print competition.
- Sorry no meeting on Thursday 29 March.
- You should now be getting on with your images of glass for the OI Print Glass Trophy. Not only a trophy but bottles of interesting drinks for the winners as well.
- Great news we have received the new projector and screen.
- Thanks to all the members for their generous donations towards the new screen. Also thanks goes to Stansted Airport for the new projector.
Sklateboard Park.v1 by Alan Norris
- Good news regarding Sunday’s East Anglian Federation’s Print Championships. Harlow PS managed to get through to the final but did not win this time.
- Thursday 8 March was a nostalgic presentation by Pauline Martindale of her Vancouver to Niagara trip.
- Next Thursday is our fourth Digital League competition.
- Last call on Thursday 15 March for Print Panel (Bernie Morgan Trophy) entries.
- Thursday 22 March Hand-In for the Mono Print (Tony Perryman) competition.
- The club will soon be the proud owners of a new projector, curtesy of Stansted Airport.
- We will be holding a raffle over the next two weeks to enable us to purchasing a new screen.
- Thanks to two of our members they have already contributed a total of £90.00 to start the “new screen fund” off.