Posted on 11th November 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Harvest Moon by Dianne Owen
Posted on 14th October 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- I was pleased to see that we had a large number of visitors on Thursday 8 November for Dianne Owen’s print presentation.
- Dianne came all the way from Southport to show us some of her artistically produced images. This did provoke an interesting discussion in the club bar after her presentation.
- Congratulations to new member Dr David Lukey on passing his Licentiate with the Royal Photographic Society.
- Great evening on Wednesday 7 November we took part in the Loughton Anniversary competition. First Upminster; Second Edmonton, Joint Third Harlow & Loughton followed by Walthamstow & Enfield. Harlow’s Mark Edwards print was selected as the best print of the competition, congratulations Mark.
- Next Thursday 15 November is a print critic by Paul Radden. Please bring your prints on the night A4 unmounted.
- Thanks to everyone for their positive feed-back of our Town Centre Library Exhibition.
- I know we are only just into the third month of our new season but in trying to plan-a-head. We would like some feed-back of what future direction members would like us to be going. At the moment the rent for our club room is getting expensive and is likely to increase in the near future.
- Thanks to everyone for your news and information on our Facebook page and in our new WhatsApp group.
Save some for me!! by Alan Norris
Posted on 3rd October 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- What an inspirational presentation by Chris Shepherd on Thursday 11 October with his own personal creative approach to photography. Sorry if you were unable to get to the club last Thursday but you missed a real treat.
- I need your prints for our Annual Exhibition by next Thursday 18 October please. Up to 4 prints per member.
- Also next Thursday 18 October is our first print competition of the season.
- For club members there is an autumn photographic trip to Epping Forest with Chris Shepherd on Sunday morning 28 October. Details will be given out at the club next week.
- Monday 22 October is our club’s trip to the Houses of Parliament, where history is being made in these very interesting times.
Homage to Hopper by Alan Norris
Posted on 21st September 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- Thursday 27 September, yes another month gone! A good start to the season with our first digital league competition. Congratulations to Jo, Mark & Alan on getting top marks.
- Members need to be getting prints ready for our Annual Exhibition. 4 prints per member normal club mount size 50cm X 40cm. Closing date Thursday 18 October.
- Next Thursday 4 October a presentation by one of our regular presenters David Steel CPAGB form Cambridge with “On Top of the World”. Should be a good evening as David has a unique sense of humour and has been known to come to the club dressed in his Steam Punk out-fit.
- Thanks to Paul Major for writing last week’s blog while I was on the Isle of Harris with other club members. During the week we spent in Scotland the weather tried to get the better of us but we still came back with some good images. Thanks to Heather for organising the Scottish photographic trip and to our very good drivers.
Queen Of The Cavern by Mark Edwards
- We enjoyed a very fruitful members’ practical evening last night, learning about manipulating our images in both Photoshop and Lightroom. Personally, I learnt how to drop a different sky into a landscape image to give an authentic-looking final result. My previous attempts have been less-than-perfect, shall we say. Members were so preoccupied that we overran and, horror of horrors, had less time in the bar afterwards. Thanks go to all the ‘tutors’ for being kind enough to impart their skills and knowledge.
- Next week, Thursday 27 September, is the first Digital League Competition of our season, to be judged by Alison Jenkins. Members can enter two digital images. Thank you to those members who gave their images to James last night; the members who wish to email their entries, please send them to Malcolm to arrive no later than Sunday 23 September, to allow time to set them up on the club system.
I look forward to seeing you next Thursday
Posted on 14th September 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Hodge Close Birches by Chris Shepherd
Thursday 13 September thanks goes to David Woods for his presentation on how to get your photographic qualifications.
Thursday 20 Sep. is a practical evening. Bring your digital images that you would like to see processed in Photoshop or Lightroom. Bring a long a laptop if you have one.
Thursday 27 September is our first Digital League Competition Malcolm will need your Digital Images before Sunday 23 September. 2 digital images per member, hand in on a memory stick Thursday 20 September or you can email your entries to me.
Posted on 11th September 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Eyes wide open! by Alan Norris
- Thursday 6 September was our first meeting of the photographic season. Good turn out with a very friendly atmosphere, a very warm welcome to our new members.
- Next meeting on Thursday 13 Sep. One of our own members David Woods CPAGB will be giving a presentation on photographic awards. Are you up for the challenge?
- I know it seems a long way off but I will need your Digital Images for the “First Round of the League” before Sunday 23 September. To save time and trouble you can email your entries to me.
- Thursday 20 Sep. is a practical evening. Bring your digital images that you would like to see processed in Photoshop or Lightroom. You can bring along a laptop if you have one.