Posted on 2nd February 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
by Roger Hance FRPS,AFIAP,BPE5*
Posted on 22nd January 2019 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- I think you will all agree that our judge on Thursday 31 January for our print competition was definitely one of the better judges. Good critic, interesting and entertaining. Well done to Heather, Gordon and Alan on getting top marks. Also congratulation to Martin Neal on his two prints both just missing top marks by one point.
- Next week Thursday 7 February presentation by top photographer Roger Hance FRPS,AFIAP,BPE5* “Nature in Macro Photography.
- Also Thursday 7 February is the Digital “Wild Life/Natural History competition Hand-In”. Images on a memory stick of email to me by midnight Sunday 10 February.
- Important: Thursday 28 February How you processed your RAW images.
- I need a jpeg finished image to put on to the clubs laptop for presentation. Normal digital rules 300dpi Res 1600 X 1200. Email to me please
- Also if you can please, put you processed images including the layers on to a memory stick and bring it to the club on the evening. Our laptop has “Photoshop SS5” and “Affinity”. One of the members will bring their laptop with “Lightroom”. Or bring your own laptop for your demonstration, HDMI connection to projector only.
- Also on the same evening we want to discuss the club’s future.
Poker Face by Gary Nicholls
- Thursday 17 January saw our third round of the Digital Competition. Thanks to the judge nine images received a top marks!
- DPI Third round round results
- This coming Thursday 24 January is one of the high-lights of the season with a Studio presentation by Gary Nicholls. As a professional Steam Punk photographer it will be interesting seeing what models he will be using. Visitors £2.50.
- Also this Thursday 24 January is “Third League Print” Hand-In.
- Important date Thursday 28 February for your diary as we will be discussing our club’s future and the direction you would like to see the club going.
- Did you get up early yesterday morning to photograph the Full Blood Wolf Moon? I would love to see your images on our Facebook page.
Posted on 11th November 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
Harvest Moon by Dianne Owen
Posted on 14th October 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- I was pleased to see that we had a large number of visitors on Thursday 8 November for Dianne Owen’s print presentation.
- Dianne came all the way from Southport to show us some of her artistically produced images. This did provoke an interesting discussion in the club bar after her presentation.
- Congratulations to new member Dr David Lukey on passing his Licentiate with the Royal Photographic Society.
- Great evening on Wednesday 7 November we took part in the Loughton Anniversary competition. First Upminster; Second Edmonton, Joint Third Harlow & Loughton followed by Walthamstow & Enfield. Harlow’s Mark Edwards print was selected as the best print of the competition, congratulations Mark.
- Next Thursday 15 November is a print critic by Paul Radden. Please bring your prints on the night A4 unmounted.
- Thanks to everyone for their positive feed-back of our Town Centre Library Exhibition.
- I know we are only just into the third month of our new season but in trying to plan-a-head. We would like some feed-back of what future direction members would like us to be going. At the moment the rent for our club room is getting expensive and is likely to increase in the near future.
- Thanks to everyone for your news and information on our Facebook page and in our new WhatsApp group.
Save some for me!! by Alan Norris
Posted on 3rd October 2018 by wpadmin in Uncategorised.
- What an inspirational presentation by Chris Shepherd on Thursday 11 October with his own personal creative approach to photography. Sorry if you were unable to get to the club last Thursday but you missed a real treat.
- I need your prints for our Annual Exhibition by next Thursday 18 October please. Up to 4 prints per member.
- Also next Thursday 18 October is our first print competition of the season.
- For club members there is an autumn photographic trip to Epping Forest with Chris Shepherd on Sunday morning 28 October. Details will be given out at the club next week.
- Monday 22 October is our club’s trip to the Houses of Parliament, where history is being made in these very interesting times.
Homage to Hopper by Alan Norris
- Thursday 27 September, yes another month gone! A good start to the season with our first digital league competition. Congratulations to Jo, Mark & Alan on getting top marks.
- Members need to be getting prints ready for our Annual Exhibition. 4 prints per member normal club mount size 50cm X 40cm. Closing date Thursday 18 October.
- Next Thursday 4 October a presentation by one of our regular presenters David Steel CPAGB form Cambridge with “On Top of the World”. Should be a good evening as David has a unique sense of humour and has been known to come to the club dressed in his Steam Punk out-fit.
- Thanks to Paul Major for writing last week’s blog while I was on the Isle of Harris with other club members. During the week we spent in Scotland the weather tried to get the better of us but we still came back with some good images. Thanks to Heather for organising the Scottish photographic trip and to our very good drivers.